This week's Mate with a Plate is Iain Hewitson"s delicious Steak Tagliata salad with Horseradish sour cream.
- ½ tspn chopped rosemary needles
- 1 plump garlic clove, crushed
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 1 x 300 gm porterhouse steak
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 spring (green) onions, cleaned & sliced into lengths
- A handful of Italian (flat leaf) parsley leaves
- 2 cm piece telegraph (continental) cucumber, halved and sliced
- Good quality sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tspn creamed horseradish
Whisk the rosemary and garlic with the lemon juice and a good splash of olive oil in a large bowl.
Trim off all fat from the steak and put in the marinade. Toss and set aside for 20 mins. Then cook to medium/medium-rare on a preheated ridged grill or BBQ. Rest in a warm spot for 10 mins.
Toss the tomatoes, radishes, spring onions, parsley, cucumber and olives in another bowl, with vinegar, olive oil and seasonings to taste.
Combine the sour cream and horseradish (adding more horseradish, if you like).
Slice the beef on the diagonal and place the salad in a line on a plate or board. Then top with the steak, pouring any juices over the top. Sprinkle with the horseradish sour cream, serving any extra in a bowl on the side.
The Long Lunch with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.