- 1 C white sugar
- 1 C golden sultanas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C butter, melted
- 4 Tbs cream
- ½ C chopped walnuts
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Sweet shortcrust pastry for 24 standard ‘cupcake-size’ tarts (I confess to using frozen pastry sheets…)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan bake.
- Using a biscuit cutter, empty jar or glass, cut pastry into rounds and line tart tins.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a saucepan except the walnuts and salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a gentle boil and continue cooking for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the walnuts and the salt.
- Fill unbaked tart shells with filling and bake for 15 minutes.
The Long Lunch with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.