Professor of International Relations at Otago University Robert Patman joins RadioLIVE's Mark Sainsbury to discuss the latest in world politics.
- 'Trump sees the world exclusively through his own eyes' - Patman
- Cabinet chaos in UK as Brexit reality bites
This week's topics:
- British Prime Minister Theresa May says she will not compromise with Brussels over her plans for Brexit as a media report said rivals in her party were set to publish their own proposal calling for a cleaner break with the European Union.
- A memorial service for the late US Senator John McCain turned into a stinging rebuke of President Donald Trump. McCain's daughter, two former presidents and political figures called for a return to civility in their tributes.
- After announcing his presidential ambitions in 2015, Kanye West has pushed back his running date from 2020 to 2024. He suggested he now had his view on the 2024 election rather than 2020, avoiding contending against current US President Donald Trump, who West has praised.
Listen to the full interview with Professor Robert Patman above.
Morning Talk with Mark Sainsbury, 9am - 12pm Weekdays and streaming live on 'rova' channel 9 - available on Android and iPhone.