Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined by Elevation Capital founder and CEO Christopher Swasbrook to talk on the latest in business, both here in New Zealand and overseas.
On the agenda tonight:
- Why are glasses and sunglasses so expensive?
- Luxottica designs, makes and distributes eyewear brands including Ray-Ban and Oakley. Have they cornered the market?
- Former MP Marama Fox is broke. She's been evicted by her landlord and reportedly still owes money to multiple sources. How did she get herself in this position after having such a high-paying job in Parliament?
- Talk has started up again regarding another possible Global Financial Crisis. Is it time to start to prepare for another economic downturn?
- Veteran American media and communications investor John Malone has told The Telegraph that "Google will be broken up and will not be allowed to go vertical on services, anything in which they control the search algorithm and figure out presenting it to the consumer.”
- Which is more important to people in New Zealand: Facebook or Google?
- Do we now live in an artificial economy where nothing is real anymore?
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.