Night talk: Mitch Harris opening comments, Tuesday 16th October 2018.
Tonight: After a tumultuous last two days, can Simon Bridges survive as National Party leader? Can he be trusted after claims made by Jami-Lee Ross today? What about the political donations made in New Zealand by Chinese interests?
- Watch Jami-Lee Ross' bombshell statement on Simon Bridges in full
- Jami-Lee Ross' most blistering allegations against Simon Bridges
- 'I've done nothing wrong': Watch Simon Bridges respond to stunning Jami-Lee Ross claims
- Simon Bridges could face jail if Jami-Lee Ross' corruption claims are true - law expert
- Mental Health Foundation slams National MPs for insensitive language
- As it happened: National Party President finds 'no proof' of Simon Bridges' alleged corruption
National MP Jami-Lee Ross has accused leader Simon Bridges of being a "corrupt politician", and says he will be speaking to police about his "unlawful activity".
The Botany MP has resigned from the National Party and Parliament and will now stand as an independent at an upcoming Botany by-election.
"My dramatic internal falling out with Simon Bridges is why I'm now the target of a campaign to push me out," Mr Ross said during a press conference on Tuesday.
"It is clear from the PwC report that no person could be identified as the leaker of Simon Bridges expenses. Rather, my communication with my local police area commander is being used against me."
Mr Bridges denied the allegations in a follow-up press conference, calling them "baseless" and saying there was "zero chance" he had done anything illegal.
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.