This is a deliciously crunchy starter or snack, served alongside a tangy dipping sauce.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 25 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 300g shelled and deveined prawns (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Frying oil (we love Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil)
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- Lay your prawns on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine the panko and coconut. Crumb the prawns by dusting in flour, dipping in egg, then coating in the panko mix. Place onto a plate.
- Bring a generous drizzle of oil to a medium high heat in a frying pan. Once hot, pan fry the prawns until golden brown and cooked through; around 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the prawns are cooking, make the dipping sauce by stirring together the sweet chilli, soy, spring onion and ginger.
- Serve the prawns immediately alongside the dipping sauce.