These smokey and sweet baked beans are the ultimate brunch meal; packed with flavour and perfect alongside your weekend coffee.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 60 Minutes
- Natural Avocado Cooking Oil (we love Olivado)
- 10 rashers Hellers Streaky Bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 Hellers chorizo sausages, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained (we love Delmaine)
- 1 tin butter beans, drained (we love Delmaine)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (we love Gregg’s)
- 1 cup tomato passata (we love Delmaine)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (we love O’Canada)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 300ml water
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place a casserole dish over a medium heat with a generous drizzle of oil. Once heated, add the bacon and chorizo and cook for a few minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook until they are soft for 3-5 minutes, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Place a lid on the dish, and reduce to a low simmer. Cook for 1 hour or until thickened. Stir through the bacon and chorizo, then season to taste.
- Serve alongside your favourite bread or with poached eggs.