If you haven’t tried making Peking duck pancakes at home, you need to! Deliciously easy and just as delicious to eat.
Serves 6 Prep Time 25 Minutes Cook Time 2 hours
- 1 Pam’s Finest Peking flavoured duck
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Hoisin sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Place the duck on a roasting tray, and cook per pack instruction.
- To make the pancakes, place the flour, cornflour, water, milk and butter in a food processor. Blend until smooth and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Bring a non stick frying pan to a medium heat. Pour enough batter into the pan to thinly cover the base (like a crepe). Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the batter has set, then flip and cook for another minute. Set aside on a plate and repeat until the batter is used.
- Cut or shred the peking duck into pieces. To assemble the pancakes, spread a pancake with hoisin sauce. Lay some duck, cucumber, spring onion and peanuts in the center and roll. Serve immediately.