Winter warmers don’t get much better than this, and we’ve amped up this classic with an incredibly moreish bacon crumb.
Serves 6-8 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 1 pack King Traditional Pea and Ham Soup
- 2 large boiling potatoes, peeled and cubed (we love Wilcox Inca Gold)
- 1L water
- 1L vegetable stock (we love Continental)
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- Handful fresh mint leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 1 Giannis Pizza Base
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup mix, potatoes, stock and water. Cook as per packet time.
- 10 minutes before the cooking time is due to finish, add the peas and mint. Once cooked, blend until smooth in a processor or with a stick blender.
- To make the crumb, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the bacon, and fry off for 3-5 minutes or until the bacon starts to turn golden. Tear the pizza base into the pan with seasoning and toast for a further few minutes until golden. Let cool. Once cooled add a pinch of chilli flakes and blitz in a blender to create finer texture.
- Serve the hot soup in bowls, topped with the bacon crumb.