Pita breads are such a versatile meal base, and we love the colourful rainbow salad dressed with nuoc cham and fish cakes that these are served with.
Serves 4 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 10 Minutes
- 8 fish cakes (we love United Fish Co.)
- 8 Gianni’s Pita Pockets
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 small carrots, grated (we love Wilcox Beta Bites)
- ½ red capscium, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
For the Nuoc Cham salad dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- Cup warm water
- ½ small chilli, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Cook the fish cakes as per pack instructions, and warm the pitas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, red onion, carrot, capsicum and coriander. Toss to mix.
- To make the nuoc cham dressing, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, water, chilli and garlic in a bowl; stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the salad and toss to dress.
- Cut open the pita pockets. Stuff each pocket with salad, then place the fish cake inside with the salad. Serve immediately.