These little frozen banana chocolate peanut bites of heaven are the perfect petit four or after school snack.
Makes 20 bites Prep 2 days
- 4 bananas (we love Dole)
- 10 teaspoons peanut butter (we love Mother Earth)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin voconut oil
- 1 100g block dark chocolate (we love Donovans)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
- 1 tbsp cocoa (we love Avalanche)
- Sea salt to taste
- 50g peanuts – chopped and toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Line a large, freezable container with baking paper
- Chop each banana into 1.5cm rounds. Lay half of them face down in your tray. Spoon half a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of them. Finally top with the other half. Freeze for at least 2 hours – overnight if possible.
- In the microwave on a low wattage or over a bain marie, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa until you have a smooth chocolate mixture. Add any extra sugar and salt to taste. Let cool slightly.
- Have another lined plastic container ready. Grab your frozen banana bites from the freezer and very quickly dip each bite in your chocolate mixture one by one topping them with the chopped nuts as you go before the chocolate dries. Once you have dipped and sprinkled them all, place them back in the freezer for at least 1 hour. These can be kept in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.