Flatbread smothered in intensely flavoured lamb mince, grilled until caramelised, topped with fresh salad and saucy goodness then rolled up and devoured.
Serves 4 Prep Time 30 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 4 Pita breads (we love Giannis)
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 1 red onion – half finely chopped for mince and half thinly sliced to serve
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin (we love Greggs)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (we love Greggs)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree (we love Delmaine)
- 1 egg (we love Woodland)
- A handful parsley – half finely chopped for the mince and half teared to serve
- ¼ red cabbage – shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes halved (we love Beekist)
- 100g feta
- A handful of mint (we love Superb Herb)
- Salt & pepper
- Sweet chilli
- Avocado chilli oil (we love Olivado)
- Heat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl combine the lamb mince, onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, tomato puree, egg, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place the kebab bread on the lined baking tray and spread the raw lamb mixture thinly over the bread. Bake for 15 minutes until lamb mince is golden brown. If it’s not quite there, change the oven setting to grill and finish off until golden brown.
- Top with red cabbage, carrot, tomatoes, feta, hummus, sweet chilli, scatter over the parsley and mint. Devour!