The new Fleetwood Mac line-up has performed their first headlining set, and it gave a distinct nod to Neil Finn and his NZ music roots.
Sharing a duet between Finn and Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, the two performed Crowded House’s 1986 classic “Don’t Dream It’s Over."
Introducing the song, drummer Mick Fleetwood said it was "many, many years ago" when he heard the song that first "opened a lot of doors in my own heart."
"I had no idea where it would lead to such a night, welcoming this gentleman to the stage."
The band also covered Split Enz’ 1980 new wave hit “I Got You” during their Chicago set, with Finn and Nicks sharing the vocals again.
Have a look at Fleetwood Mac's full setlist from their Chicago performance:
- The Chain
- Little Lies
- Second Hand News (Neil Finn on lead vocals)
- Say You Love Me
- Black Magic Woman (Stevie Nicks on lead vocals)
- I Got You (Split Enz cover) (Neil Finn on lead vocals)
- Tell Me All the Things You Do (Neil Finn on lead vocals)
- World Turning (with drum solo by Mick Fleetwood)
- Hypnotized (Neil Finn on lead vocals)
- Oh Well (Mike Campbell on lead vocals)
- Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House cover) (Neil Finn & Stevie Nicks on lead vocals)
- Isn't It Midnight
- Monday Morning
- You Make Loving Fun
- Gold Dust Woman
- Go Your Own Way
- Free Fallin' (Tom Petty cover) (Stevie Nicks on lead vocals)
- Don't Stop
- All Over Again