Anzac Biscuits recipe
A classic Kiwi recipe made and eaten by millions of home cooks over the years.
1 cup flour
1 cup coconut thread
²∕³ cup tightly packed brown sugar
1 cup jumbo rolled oats
125g unsalted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling water
200g good-quality dark chocolate, melted (optional)
Makes approx. 20
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place fl our, coconut, sugar and oats into a mixing bowl and combine.
3. Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat. While this is melting, place baking soda in a bowl, add boiling water and stir. As it fluffs up, stir into butter mixture.
4. Quickly pour butter mixture over dry ingredients while still fluffy. Stir to combine.
5. Using a tablespoon, roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place 3cm apart on prepared trays, flattening them slightly. Bake for15–20 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
6. Once cool, dip edges of biscuits in melted chocolate, if desired.
Reproduced with permission from Treats from Little and Friday by Kim Evans.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. RRP $44.99. Copyright © Kim Evans, 2012
source: data archive